Business Intelligence Business Analyst
KEYRUS UK, a specialist Big Data and Analytics consultancy, are acting as a recruitment provider for one of our prestigious investment banking clients.
Our client is looking for an addition to their Analytics unit, working closely with the Chief Data Officer and the Data Office looking to extract data in areas such as customer analytics and electronic trading. The unit looks after a number of different applications and technologies, and consists of 19 technology staff located in London, Paris and Chennai.
Our client offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a sociable and diverse team whose values include innovation and self-organisation.
As a result of exponential growth an opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join this team.
The role will involve the following:
- Plan specific projects to achieve agreed delivery dates with agreed levels of resources
- Ensure technical delivery meets user requirements / functional specifications
- Track and report on progress within and outside the team for medium sized projects within the team. Typical projects will involve 1-2 BAs and 1-2 developers and have duration of 6-12 months.
- Propose cost efficient solutions to users
- Gather and validate user requirements
- Identify dependencies and coordinate with other teams when required
- Organise UAT phases
- Write functional specifications and support IT during development
- Train users
- Deliver users guides
- Liaise with IT, Users, Project Sponsors, other Project Managers and Business Analysts
Qualifications and experience
The candidate is required to be educated to Degree level, have extensive experience in leading a development team within Finance and/or Investment Banking.
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis or Operations with demonstrable practical Capital Markets Products full lifecycle exposure
- Experience in working within an environment with high pressure on timeliness and quality of deliveries
- A strong level of autonomy is required, as well as pro-activeness and curiosity
- Coordination / Project Management in structured Framework
- Strong writing skills, familiar with Excel
- Good communicator / Interpersonal Skills
- Business oriented with a clear focus on results and delivery
- Time Management and strong organisational skills
- Planning and Organisation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Team Working in a virtual environment
- Integrate the multicultural dimension: Works with other cultures and businesses, integrating different interpersonal and working styles in his approach
- Able to work collaboratively with users and managers, and able to communicate in terms business oriented individuals can understand
- Customer oriented. We expect our team members to act as technology consultants to our business customers
Job Type: Contract